Carrying concealed weapon (CCW) backpacks comes in handy to solve such cases. They are typical backpacks but with a strategic compartment for weapons such as a gun, a pistol, or a knife.
Walking down an alley at night, walking or riding in bully neighborhoods, and hikes in the jungle are among the few reasons the backpack and its component are necessary.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table – Concealed Carry Backpack
- Concealed Carry Backpack Reviews 2022
- 1. Best Overall: High Sierra Swerve Laptop Backpack
- 2. Best Budget: Oakley Men’s Enduro 2.0 30L Backpack
- 3. Backpack with Concealed Carry Pocket – REEBOW GEAR Tactical
- 4. Concealed Carry Laptop Bag – Herschel Retreat Backpack
- 5. EMDMAK Military Tactical Backpack
- 6. Hynes Eagle Carry on Backpack Light Grey
- 7. Samsonite Xenon – Small Concealed Carry Backpack
- 8. Red Rock Outdoor Gear – Backpack with Concealed Holster
- 9. LHI Military Tactical Backpack for Men and Women
- 10. Condor 3 Day Assault Pack
- 11. Best CCW Backpack – Vertx Gamut 2.0
- 12. Backpacks for Concealed Carry – 3V Gear Outlaw
- Buyer’s Guide for Concealed Carry Backpack
- FAQs: 7 Questions & Answers
- Final Thoughts
Comparison Table – Concealed Carry Backpack
Concealed Carry Backpack Reviews 2022
Sadly, getting a CCW backpack or concealed carry purse with a combo of concealed carry, comfort, and convenience isn’t easy.
Luckily for you, during my search and experience and with the help of my fellow hikers, I have come up with recommendations you should try.
1. Best Overall: High Sierra Swerve Laptop Backpack
- Large main compartments and multiple pockets allow you to keep all of...
- A fully padded Cushion Zone laptop compartment accommodates most...
- The Suspension System provides relief when carrying heavier loads. It...
- Moisture wicking Vapel mesh material and deep air channels create...
- Multiple pockets including a zippered mesh pocket, pen pockets, lidded...
When your main gear consists of a 17-inch laptop, the High Sierra Swerve Laptop Backpack is a perfect option. It has a fully padded laptop zone, suitable for a laptop of up to 17 inches. There is also a dedicated tech spot sleeve, where you can keep a tablet or iPad.
Over and above that, the backpack has several main compartments and a spectrum of pockets. They are dedicated to different components, including a secure weapon sleeve. The bottom area is padded, keeping the components safe.
There is a zippered mesh pocket, lidded media pocket, pen pocket, key fob hook for your small stuff such as keys and cards. From the interior, there are slip pockets and an interior zip pocket. Therefore, you can pack the stuff you have neatly and easily access them.
The backpack features a suspension system, which allows you to carry heavy loads without falling under pressure. In addition, it dampens the shock of weight transfer, hence facilitating longer distance walks.
Moreover, moisture-wicking mesh material on the back panel has deep air channels for breathability and carrying comfort. In addition, the reflective strips ensure that you travel safely in low lights.
There are also adjustable side compression straps for bulky gear such as fishing rods and sports gear. Amazingly, the backpack also has a USB port pocket and a headphone port as well.
- Safety reflective strips
- Fully padded laptop and tech sleeve
- Comfortable for carrying
- Ease in arrangement
- USB and headphone ports available
- Unsuitable for one-shoulder carrying
- Common for people looking for uniquenes
2. Best Budget: Oakley Men’s Enduro 2.0 30L Backpack
- Built with compartments for your laptop, shades, and much more, this...
- Plus, this premium Oakley backpack is made from super-durable fabric...
- 30L Capacity 19" H x 12.5" W x 8" D 100% Polyester
When looking for a CCW daypack that is compact, the Oakley Men’s Enduro Backpack will always come up. And considering it will be among the best decisions that you will make, given its features.
Basically, the backpack is a utilitarian bag where you can pack a pistol or knife, among other daily necessities such as a laptop, shades, phone, and a few personal stuff. In addition, there are compartments dedicated to different backpack components for ease in arrangement and strategic packing.
Other than that, the backpack is designed from super-durable polyester, which keeps the gear safe and serves you over a long period. It is also strong enough to handle amorphous gear hang on the convenience straps.
Therefore, whether you need the straps for sports bats or skateboards, the backpack is convenient. After all, it will not break under pressure.
While the backpack is not entirely waterproof, it can withstand rain showers and rain over a short period. Therefore, it is still excellent for sufficient protection.
The Oakley Men’s Enduro 2.0 30L Backpack is further suitable for a range of activities; you can pack your clothes for a whole hiking weekend, use it as a cycling tour backpack, consider it for hunting, or a daily commuting backpack.
- Compact outlook and Versatile use
- Highly durable and protective
- Masculine outlook and colours
- Comfortable to carry
- The laptop compartment is thinner and smaller than expected
- Only one carrying option
3. Backpack with Concealed Carry Pocket – REEBOW GEAR Tactical
No products found.
The sling design of the REEBOW GEAR Tactical backpack is its key strength. It is outstanding, trendy, and classy. And that’s not all that the backpack has to offer;
The mini rover pack features a MOLLE for tactical packing, while it fits several necessities as a day pack. The back panel MOLLE can easily fit a pistol or a knife and is well hidden away from the public. There is also sufficient space for ammunition in the same drawstring sleeve.
The back panel is padded so that the components of the weapon sleeve do not press on your back with much pressure. Despite the concealed position, you can retrieve it with ease in necessity.
Then there is a compartment dedicated to a 9.7-inch iPad, a notepad, or a tablet within the same size limit. Finally, the main compartment fits other stuff such as a flashlight, cell phone, wallet, book, and water bottle.
Highly durable, the backpack is made of 600D polyester fabric. Due to its one-shoulder design, the strap is ergonomic to prevent breaking under the weight. The design further ensures that you don’t get fatigued or have shoulder pains.
There are also two smaller straps, which contain the backpack from swaying sideways during movement. Besides that, the backpack is comfortable for carrying. The ergonomic shoulder strap minimizes pressure on your shoulder, hence allowing for long-distance walks.
In addition, the back panel has a mesh cover, which facilitates airflow.
- Excellent high-quality material for durability
- Comfortable for carrying
- Dedicated weapon sleeve that is strategic
- Suitable for arranging other stuff needed for assault missions
- Too small for a range of components
- Not suitable for laptops
4. Concealed Carry Laptop Bag – Herschel Retreat Backpack
- HERSCHEL COLLECTION: Click on our brand logo at the top of the page to...
- Signature striped fabric liner
Are you modest and looking for a concealed backpack that will represent your personality?
The Herschel Retreat Backpack has a modest outlook that one could never even guess has is a CCW backpack. However, you will be surprised at what the backpack has to offer;
Essentially, the backpack has a fleece padded central compartment. Therefore, you can put a shotgun or a laptop securely. The compartment is large enough to carry the stuff you need for a whole day outdoors. There is also a drop pocket at the front, where you can put a small knife and cards for strategic storage.
The backpack closure is magnetic with pin buckles so that you easily put it back and face your attacker without risking the components falling off. The closure also prevents the backpack’s main compartment from opening against your will and exposing the components to falling.
Most importantly, the backpack is made from high-quality and durable material. It is scratch-resistant, and the components are safe from light rain showers. In addition, the material is reinforced with leather straps, which facilitate its durability and performance.
The backpack enhances comfort for long-day travels as well. It has padded shoulder straps comfort, which is contoured to minimize pressure on the shoulders. The back panel is also padded, ensuring that the load does not cause you back pains.
- High quality and durable material
- Comfortable to carry
- Safety design for its components
- Modest outlook
- Provides safety from rain showers
- There are not many packing pockets
- Inappropriate sizing chart
5. EMDMAK Military Tactical Backpack
- 【42L Large Capacity Backpack】EMDMAK Tactical Backpack Size Approx....
- 【Versatile With Multi-Compartment】Our Military Backpack has 2 Main...
- 【Durable & Comfortable】 With dual zippered closure and made of...
- 【Military MOLLE System】The molle webbing system of tactical...
- 【Free Gift Kits & Customer Service】Come with 6pcs Free Gifts...
EMDMAK Military Tactical Backpack boasts an ergonomic design that concentrates on your carrying comfort. The back panel and the shoulder straps have ventilated mesh, which facilitates optimal breathability.
In addition, there are bottom and sides compression straps, which adjust to tighten your back depending on your torso structure. And let’s not forget a thick mesh padding, which keeps your back safe from load pains.
In addition, contours on the strategic back panel area and the shoulder straps keep the load well distributed, further preventing load pressure.
The impressive comfort couples with a durable backpack, designed from 900D Nylon and Oxford fabric composite. The closures finish off with a zippered closure, which gives you confidence in its performance.
Over and above that, the backpack has a large capacity of 42 liters, allowing you to take along all your tactical gears. For example, you can use it for a three-day combat backpack or assault pack.
Surprisingly, this backpack has so many compartments that the organization will always walk in the park. There are two small compartments at the front, in addition to the two large compartments.
Moreover, there is a molle webbing system on the backpack, hence convenient for attaching extra molle pouches. The front, bottom, and side attachments all have molle straps, while the shoulder straps have D-rings for hanging more.
There is also a back compartment for strategic storage. In each of these compartments, there are internal pockets for mini-packing. And at the top of the backpack is a y-strap, which holds items such as a sleeping bag and jackets.
Finally, at the bottom and sides are pockets for strategic packing for gadgets and minor stuff.
- Many compartments and pockets for arrangement
- Molle attachment design
- Waterproof with Large capacity
- Features vacuum seal wrinkles
- Quite heavy
6. Hynes Eagle Carry on Backpack Light Grey
- Package: 1 x backpack, 1 x packing cubes 3 pcs set (Small/ Medium/...
- 40 L capacity to fit your belongings and gadgets, backpack dimensions:...
- Multiple exterior compression buckle straps for adjusting the height...
- Designed to fit the maximum size allowed on an IATA flight, fits in...
- 1 front zip pocket with multiple interior slip pockets, second...
Do you find it challenging to maintain a neat pack, especially when traveling? Hynes Eagle Travel Backpack makes your organization easier. There are compression straps and packing cubes in the interior, making it easy to pack for several days.
In addition, the backpack features three packing cubes in different sizes, from small, medium, to large. The cubes facilitate more effective packing.
Besides that, the backpack has a front zipper pocket, which has interior slip pockets for easy-to-grab components. Other than the major luggage compartment, the backpack has another compartment that fits a Notebook or laptop of up to 15.6 inches. The side pockets are suitable for a water bottle and an umbrella.
At 40 liters capacity, the backpack can hold stuff that lasts you for days on a trip. And, of course, the carry cubes are suitable for ammo, a handgun, and smaller weapon carrying.
Moreover, there are exterior compression straps that adjust the backpack height depending on your needs. The shoulder straps are also suppressible, which helps you convert the backpack into a duffel bag for your convenience.
Furthermore, the Hynes Eagle Travel Backpack enhances carrying comfort. It has an adjustable strap at the sternum and a waist strap, which facilitates stability as well as load distribution. The shoulder straps are also padded and ergonomic, minimizing pressure on the shoulders.
- Excellent packing features
- Large capacity
- High quality and durable
- Comfortable to carry
- Convertible into a duffel bag
- The buckles are weaker under heavy loads
- The packing cubes come at an extra cost
7. Samsonite Xenon – Small Concealed Carry Backpack
- Constructed of rugged 1680 denier ballistic polyester for durability
- Holds 15.6 inches Laptop, built in padded Compartment designed to...
- Quick Stash Pocket for sunglasses and personal electronics
- Top Carry Handle features a micro injected top with neoprene padded...
- Smart Sleeve feature allows case to slide over the upright handle tube...
It is impossible to ignore the Samsonite Xenon 3.0 Backpack if your choice backpack suits your travel suitcase. It comes with a smart sleeve, which you can slide the backpack onto a suitcase for traveling convenience.
More than that, a concealed carry bag you can easily use on its own for your assault mission once you get to your destination. Fundamentally, this backpack comes with multiple compartments, which have internal pockets for secure and concealed carry options.
First, a padded compartment is dedicated to safely carrying a laptop or screen of up to 15.6 inches for your missions. A tablet sleeve follows, where you can stash a tablet or an iPad. Then there is an accessible pocket for sunglasses and other smaller personal electronics.
Finally, the main compartment is suitable for storage of other personal and mission stuff.
You will also appreciate the rugged design of the backpack. Its 1680 denier ballistic polyester fabric is waterproof and scratch-resistant. In addition, it couples with solid stitching to bring out a strong and durable backpack.
Besides that, the backpack has an air channel system, which lines the back panel and the shoulder straps. The back panel also boasts of a lumbar support system. All these finish off with amazing padding, which enhances the backpack’s carrying comfort.
- Durable and high-quality material
- Provides carrying comfort
- Multiple compartments and internal pockets for organization and concealed carry
- Suitable for coupling with a travelling bag
- Lacks a repair warranty
- Quite small for the size
8. Red Rock Outdoor Gear – Backpack with Concealed Holster
- Large master compartment accommodates an ipad or other popular tablets
- Touch-fastener slip pocket on the inside front and back sides of the...
- 9 external pouches for quick access to items; snap closure...
- MOLLE webbing platform on front and shoulder strap for adding pouches...
- Ambidextrous shoulder strap with quick-release buckle; On-the-go style...
A CCW backpack with soft fabric lining ensures that your pistol or shotgun is safe from scratches. This feature is the most outstanding of the Red Rock Outdoor Gear backpack, and there is more;
Firstly, the CCW snap-closure pocket at the back of the backpack fits most pistols and universal holsters. The molle clad at the exterior allows you to carry additional pouches and gear, hence convenient.
The backpack also has front pouches, which have elastic loop keepers for keeping the gear secure yet accessible. The main compartment is roomy, and it has a touch-fastener at the slip pocket for a tablet. And if you also have a small touchpad or iPad, a second screen pocket is available at the front.
There are also nine pockets on the exterior, with a snap closure for concealed carry at the back. The rest ensure that you pack all the other stuff you need for your hunt or mission.
I am in love with the shoulder strap, which adds carrying comfort in all ways. Other than the trendy one-shoulder design, it is ergonomic to prevent carrying pressure. On top of that, it is ambidextrous, which means that you can use either the right or the left hand for carrying.
Therefore, once one of the hands is weighed down, you can switch. Furthermore, a quick-release buckle helps adjust the strap while easing pressure when necessary. Finally, the waist strap ensures that the load is distributed on the body, despite the one-shoulder design.
- Highly durable and Comfortable to carry
- Trendy one-shoulder design
- Keeps the weapons safe from scratching
- The bottom side doesn’t feature molle
- Quite small
9. LHI Military Tactical Backpack for Men and Women
- 1. Military Tactical backpack size approx: 12inch x 20inch x 12inch,...
- 2. Assault pack backpack with double-stitched, Heavy duty zippers and...
- 3. Tactical backpack has molle system, Plenty of mount points on the...
- 4. This tactical backpack has multi-compartment and zippered closure...
- 5. This tactical assault backpack can be used as a 3-day assault pack,...
For a 3-day military assault pack, the LHI Military Tactical Backpack has the features. First off, the military backpack has a 45-liter capacity, hence suitable for a few days’ packing.
There is also a molle tactical system and mount points for extra pouches and luggage. Secondly, the backpack has multiple compartments and pockets for packing. There are three compartments, and two are padded for a laptop and a tablet.
The internal pockets and slip sleeves allow you to pack and access minor stuff easily. Then there are side pockets, which you can utilize for water bottles. The backpack opens 180 degrees, which helps in packing and ease in accessing components.
Thirdly, the LHI Military Tactical Backpack is of fantastic quality. It is made in 900 oxford nylon material, which is highly durable. Besides, the material is water-resistant and scratch-resistant, necessary for optimal component protection, especially in jungles and forest areas.
Finally, the backpack is so comfortable you won’t believe the load available. It has a front compression system and utility cord pulls, which minimize the bulky load outlook. In addition, the shoulder straps and the back panel are padded and ventilated for comfort and airflow consecutively.
- Large for several days’ packing
- Very comfortable to carry
- Easy to pack and Amazing molle system
- The waterproof system is only for light and moderate showers
- Not suitable for other carrying designs
10. Condor 3 Day Assault Pack
- Genuine Crye-Precision MultiCam
- Large load cargo capacity compartment with separate pocket to fit up...
- Designed for easy access and organization (7 pockets)
- Body contour shoulder straps with D-Ring for equipment attachment,...
- Individual foam pad back panel for extra comfort and maximum airflow
Rather than buy a hydration pack, you can get a backpack that features hydration bladder compatibility. This Condor, 3 Day Assault Pack, graces you with hydration bladder compatibility. It is compatible with 2 to 3 liters of hydration bladders. Therefore, when on long missions, you don’t have to stop just to take a drink.
More than that, this is a large cargo capacity backpack. It boasts of 50 liters capacity, which is suitable for at least half a week’s mission. It is easy to organize, with seven pockets for easy packing and access. A D-ring allows you to attach extra accessories for your trip.
Condor 3 Day Assault Pack ensures that the components stay in place with retention straps. The radio pockets come in handy for communication, while the large front and bottom pockets add to the backpack’s capacity.
The backpack is comfortable to carry, with body contour shoulder straps for easing the weight. A sternum strap and a removable waist belt keep the load distributed on your torso, preventing fatigue and soreness.
The foam pad at the back panel enhances comfort while allowing for optimal airflow. Then there is a heavy-duty carry and drag handle, which you can use at travel points when the luggage is too heavy.
- Compatible with a hydration bladder
- Comfortable to carry and Large capacity
- It doesn’t feature molle compatibility
- The waist belt is not as great as the sternum strap
11. Best CCW Backpack – Vertx Gamut 2.0
- Mission-Ready Carry Platform With Loop Lining And A Rapid Access Pull...
- Modular Padded Laptop Sleeve In Main Compartment Adjusts In Size And...
- Zippered Side Compartments Open Toward The Body For Improved Security...
- Hydration Bladder Compatible With Dual Hose Pass-Through Ports
Do you have bulky stuff that craves a larger opening area? Vertx Gamut 2.0 Backpack comes with a main compartment that opens 180 degrees, allowing you to load your gear and access it easily.
Despite this, the backpack has dual snaps, which will ensure that the main compartment does not open without your knowledge. The backpack features a weapon-compatible section with a rapid access pull tab for emergency reasons and a loop lining for safety.
On top of that, it has an adjustable and padded laptop sleeve, accomodating different laptop sizes. Then there are four gear slots, strategic loop panels, hook and loop options, and zippered mesh pockets. Hence, you can pack different stuff and gear for hunting, hiking, and commuting.
There are zippered side compartments that open towards the body, a design that facilitates security. In addition, the drop-in pockets further enhance security while coming in handy for neat packing.
I also love the fantastic carrying comfort that the backpack brings. For starters, the back panel features 3-D molded foam, which facilitates comfort and airflow.
The shoulder straps are also padded and breathable. They are also adjustable to suit different body forms. An adjustable waist belt adds to the fitting while encouraging weight distribution to prevent fatigue.
- Easy to arrange a range of components
- Wide opening area and Security features
- Weapon -compatible slots and pockets
- The waist velcro straps are not strong for heavyweight
- Quite heavy when empty
12. Backpacks for Concealed Carry – 3V Gear Outlaw
- Carries Tactical Shotgun, M-4 Carbine and weapons not over 36"
- Rugged 600D PVC polyester construction
- Detachable padded and adjustable shoulder and backpack straps
Are you looking for a perfect military design and bag features for a concealed carry option? Then, the 3V Gear Outlaw is a fantastic choice.
Essentially, the backpack comes combines both the urban assault bag and daily commuting bag features. Therefore, you can use it for a military pack, a hunting bag, a hiking bag, or a rucksack. It also features a MOLLE compatibility, allowing you to add MOLLE pouches for more versatility.
Moreover, the backpack is heavy-duty 600D polyester, which boasts double-stitched seams for durability and weather resistance. After all, it comes with a lifetime warranty, which guarantees you optimal service.
Then there is a Y-strap, designed to tighten the backpack components and prevent the discomfort of stuff moving around. On top of that, the backpack panel is molded, which facilitates rigidity while enhancing airflow.
There are several pockets, compartments, and access points, which make the backpack easy to pack. In addition, the strategic points make it easy to pack easy-access weapons and stuff. On top of that, a padded compartment makes the backpack a perfect laptop bag.
With a versatile design, the backpack allows you to access components without getting them off your body. You just have to sling it to the front since all the zips are oriented horizontally for ease of access in this position.
Finally, the shoulder strap is thick and padded to ensure the full support of the heavy backpack. Also, the straps keep the backpack secure while offering you maximum carrying comfort.
- Comfortable to carry
- Easy to pack and Long-lasting
- Optimal weapon packing space
- Quite heavy when empty
- Goes over the left shoulder, hence not convenient for those looking for its opposite option
Buyer’s Guide for Concealed Carry Backpack
Concealed Carry Compartment
Ensure that the backpack has a concealed carry sleeve, pocket, or compartment. In cases where you need the weapon for self-defense, a strategic pocket hidden at the back is best.
An interior pocket or sleeve in the main compartment is excellent for concealed carry where you only need planned access, such as hunting.
Depending on your luggage, you need to choose a backpack size. For example, if you need to be off for some days, a backpack that handles over 40 liters will be great.
However, for just a day and where you just need your weapon and a few more stuff, an approximate capacity of 20 liters is enough.
Always go for quality, even if the cost is quite a pain. Quality backpacks facilitate optimal performance, and your components will be safe. Besides, quality products reflect in long-lasting products, which serve you for years.
If you are not conversant with material and designs, you can always go for the backpack that comes with a warranty.
Other than a concealed carry that favors your luggage, you need one that favors you. Look for a backpack that has ergonomic shoulder straps, which minimize pressure on the shoulders. Both the straps and the back panel should have padding and ventilation for optimal comfort and airflow.
Also, you can consider a backpack that has a sternum strap or a waist belt, or a combination of both where the luggage is heavy. They help spread the weight on your torso and reduce soreness hot spots.
Ensure that the backpack has more compartments and pockets. A molle system or compression straps also come in handy for added stuff. Therefore, you will manage to carry not just your gear but the personal accessories you need as well.
Some backpacks have extra features that make them outstanding, which could be a bonus for you. For instance, Condor 3 Day Assault Pack comes with a hydration pack, a feature that is rare in most CCW packs.
In addition, the Hynes Eagle Travel Backpack is easy to pack, with internal compression straps and packing cubes. While such features may not be necessary for everyone, they may be what you need for a unique backpack that fits your personality.
FAQs: 7 Questions & Answers
Are there CCW backpacks?
Yes, there are. Actually, most concealed carry bags are backpacks. Their carrying position makes it easy to use the weapon when necessary without luggage distractions.
What is a concealed carry pack?
Concealed carry packs are backpacks with sleeves, pockets, or compartments where you can carry a weapon without revealing it to other people.
Can you carry a gun in a backpack in public?
Yes, you can. As long as you are licensed to carry the gun and legally belong to you, there is no harm in carrying it in public as long as it is concealed in your backpack.
Are there areas where I cannot conceal carry?
Yes, there are. For instance, you cannot enter a police station, a courtroom, or a bank, in some cases, with a gun. It is not allowed. Some hotels will only allow you with a gun if the gun is unloaded.
Can I carry a loaded gun in a concealed carry bag in the US?
Yes, you can. You just need to be licensed to carry a gun in public. Most states license the residents as long as their history indicates that they are worthy of the guns.
How much is a concealed carry bag?
CCW backpacks cost as low as $25. On the higher end, you can get one that costs over $100. It will all depend on your budget. The cost varies as much as any other backpack. With sufficient research, you can get budget.
Are there laptop backpacks for concealed carry?
Yes, there are. All the backpacks in the category above are suitable laptop backpacks while providing concealed carry options. Therefore, you don’t have to compromise one for the other.
Are you looking for the best concealed carry packs? It is pretty challenging, especially given that some packs are in the category, but the name will not suggest it. On the other hand, some that feature the name will not suit all your requirements in the bag you are looking for.
Luckily for you, I got you a list of 12 backpacks, all with different unique characteristics. Go for the backpack that suits your needs best. Whether durability is your worry, your laptop the most significant consideration, or a hydration bladder compatibility your interest, you have an option to make that a top priority.
Even better, the backpack does not compromise other features to satisfy one, and neither do you have to do it. Most importantly, comfort, durability, and a suitable compartment for your weapon are in all the backpacks. You can always get it all in one.
Also, use the buying guide to get the CCW backpack that suits your requirements best. A combination of them all brings you a bag that you will not regret considering and investing in.