Water It is the thing from which 90% of our body comprises of and also washes our bodies, baptizes our babies and nurtures the very plant life we put on our plates. However, in certain circumstances, it is indeed a pain in the posterior. You must have spent a long trek keenly awaiting that instant when you could whip out your fresh socks only to find them soaked by intrusive rain stuff. Moreover, it can destroy your important files or valuable things on which you have been investing your wealth and as well as your money.
Whether you consider yourself a backpacker, or an exotic destination volunteer, you got to need a good travel backpack. A travel backpack that keeps your most essential belongings. Following your travelling purpose, you will either need your bag to have a water reservoir or a detachable daypack. You will also want it to be light in weight, and have plenty of features that would not cost you a fortune.
|Sea to Summit Hydraulic Dry Pack, Yellow, 35 Liter||Check on Amazon|
|SealLine Black Canyon Waterproof Dry Pack with Waist Belt Support, Black, 65-Liter||Check on Amazon|
|Top||Aquapac "Toccoa Heavyweight Waterproof Daysack - Cool Blue (792)||Check on Amazon|
|Ortlieb Courier-Bag 17L Grey Backpack 2016||Check on Amazon|
|Sea to Summit Flow 35L Drypack, Black||Check on Amazon|
|Thule Subterra Convertible Carry On 40L||Check on Amazon|
|Skog Å Kust BackSåk Waterproof Backpack | 25L Black||Check on Amazon|
|Big Horn Products Waterproof Backpack Bug Out Bag Large 30L Rolltop Dry Bag Backpack - Perfect for Outdoor Adventures (White)||Check on Amazon|
|OverBoard Waterproof Pro-Vis Backpack, Yellow, 20-Liter||Check on Amazon|
1. Sea to Summit Hydraulic Dry Backpack
On our hunt for best waterproof bags, the first that we come across is this superb backpack. It is not only just waterproof but also a highly versatile, durable, tough, comfortable and superbly functional beast of a bags that will keep your gear and goodies dry even in the case of a biblical flood.
This fantastic Hydraulic Dry Pack is made of rough 600D laminated fabric and features a welded construction to evade water sneaking in through any seams. The comfortable padding on the shoulders and back is sufficient and the waist belt removable, meaning wherever you go, you will go in great comfort and can carry this for as much long as you want to as you don’t have to get worried for your shoulders to get sore.
- Comfy waist strap
- Weighs just over a kilo
- Heavy-duty 600d laminated fabric
- Little pricey
- Penguins not included
2. SealLine Black Canyon Boundary Pack
The next great pick in our list is the waterproof backpack that is not highly-priced as the pack mentioned above but still gives its competitors or rivals a stiff competition. It has an excellent capacity of 115 litres and can store everything that you might need to sustain a day. The suspension system supports reasonable loads while padded shoulder straps, a padded waist belt, and even padded lumbar area translate to more comfortable load-hauling on canoe and raft trips, canyoneering adventures and travel journeys.
This SealLine Black Canyon Waterproof Backpack with Waist Belt Support is accessible in two sizes that are 65-Liter pack measures 9×17.5×25 inches and weighs only 3.81 pounds. In short, The SealLine Canyon Waterproof Backpack with Waist Belt Support is a multipurpose large-capacity waterproof portage pack intended to keep gear dry and safe while being comfortable to carry on any sort of adventure.
- Very light given its capacity
- Best for kayaking and canoeing
- Can deal with a dunking
- Not exceptionally as hard-wearing or durable
3. Aquapac 28L Toccoa Wet and Drybag
The next pick in our list that is an all-round excellent and well as a versatile waterproof backpack which proves to be at home on the river or even under a waterfall as it is trekking through heavy rainfall. It also contends fiercely with the Overboard ProVis in nearly all areas other than the lack of internal compartments where the ProVis has the upper hand. This Toccoa backpack makes up for this with two exceedingly practical sides mesh pockets and daisy chain loops to clip gear onto the pack’s external side.
Furthermore, the roll-top covers either at the top of the sides of this superb bag which further adds to its versatility and adaptability. This is a super contented and comfortable, durable, and fully submersible day pack that is highly stable when carried in higher energy circumstances.
- Very comfortable
- Good value
- Versatile for land and water-based adventures
- No internal pocket
- Have the only 28-litre capacity
4. Ortlieb Velocity 20L Backpack
If you prefer light-load daypack with excellent waterproofing competences, then our next pick, Ortlieb Velocity offers a tidy, well-made substitute to its bigger brethren. This backpack is made of extra durable foam that delivers comfort and ventilation in the back channels as well while the inside features a detachable zippered pocket to keep things neat and tidy.
The Ortlieb velocity blue backpack is a compact format messenger type carrier for leisure time and is appreciated for its realism, strength and impermeability. In other words, this is a decent option for the minimalist-minded, but all-in-all comes up just brief of small pack competitor the Aquapac Toccoa in almost all specs and structures.
- Handy removable inner pocket
- Detachable waist belt
- Best for day-hikes, cycling trips
- Not a great deal of padding
- Only 20l so fairly pricey for its size
- Quite heavy for its size
5. Sea to Summit Flow 35L Dry pack
For hikers or multi-sport adventurers’ seekers, this is indeed a versatile option. Boasting the comfort, compartmentalized storage and general functionality of a standard hiking backpack and the waterproofing capacity and capability of a canoeing pack, this is a pure all-rounder that is at home in any atmosphere.
It is made of TPU laminated, 420D Nylon with an entirely seam-sealed construction and features a white inner lining so you can discover your contents with ease. The contoured back panel, detachable waist belt and deep stretchy mesh external side pockets mean this is also an idyllic choice for mountain biking, hiking and lightweight travel. Far more significant in terms of versatility and coherence to all other items in our review and offers a bit more storage space.
- Possibly the most waterproof hiking pack
- Hydration sleeve
- Very comfortable
- White interior for amplified visibility
- Very pricey
- Just a touch heavy
6. Thule Subterra 34L Travel Backpack
The highly-standard Nylon Subterra travel backpack released by Thule is the flawless hybrid between an everyday bag and a portable pack. Its roll-top opening boosted with magnetic closure permits you to stuff the gear to the brim and have access to your possessions at any time you need.
There is also a dedicated compartment for keeping your laptop if you may need in any of your business meetings. You can easily retrieve it from the side zippered pocket without having to unzip the main compartment. The cords are gracefully managed between your device and your mobile charger in the inner power pocket.
- Easy to keep your clothing items ordered due to the built-in packing cubes
- The laptop sleeve has edge shield along with the flap closure that safeguards it from any damage.
- The quality of zippers is not that great.
7. BackSak Waterproof Backpack
With rough, welded seams, durable 500D PVC material, and decent storage capacity, the Backsak of 35-liters offers a very reliable and courteously priced alternative to its pricier contestants. While it may not provide complete dunk ability, it will without difficulty handle a downpour and is idyllic for rainy trekking or even cycling adventures.
Moreover, features-wise, it claims handy interior and exterior pockets for smaller but valuable items that you surely don’t want to get mixed up with the rest of your stuff. Lastly, you would be glad to know that there is a side-closure option to make the most storage. So Bargain!
- The great value of money
- Best for short hikes, cycles and canoeing trips
- Decent padding
- Not appropriate for long periods of submersion
- Minimalist waist belts a bit in height for female users
8. Big Horn Products Waterproof Backpack
This waterproof backpack provides ultra-protection in all extreme weather like sleet, snow, ice, mud, sand, and even submersion. It is very efficient to protect your electronic and other valuables and safeguard them for complete exposure from water. The air Flow padded back support for extra comfort that makes carrying heavy loads comfortable and relaxing also.
Durable, reasonably lightweight and pleasantly inexpensive, the Big Horn 30L is added decent all-rounder for those on a budget. The external webbing and draw-cords are handy features for freshening wet gear on-the-go and side mesh compartments ideal for stowing your water bottles.
- External webbing enables you to hang wet gear to dry.
- Light in weight
- Short on the back padding
- Not suitable for full submersion
9. OverBoard Waterproof Pro-Vis Backpack
Lastly, we have OverBoard Pro-Vis backpack that undoubtedly touches on the skimpy side capacity-wise, but it still does many things rather well. It is very well-made, featuring a welded structure, high-visibility and sturdy PVC, compression straps, reinforced side and also bottom panels, good padding and a rare handy pocket inside and out for establishing your gear.
These offer sufficiently cushioning and an aired back panel as good as any you will find on a mid-range, out-and-out hiking backpack. Compared to other low-capacity packs such as the Ortlieb velocity, the Overboard delivers a more comfortable carry. For a bit more space and more outstanding waterproofing, the Aquapac Toccoa is yet a better bet.
- Reasonably light in weight
- Reinforced sides and base
- Well-Ventilated back panel
- Low capacity of 20-litres
- Only suitable for little submersions
Buying Guide for waterproof backpacks
Lets us see those fantastic factors you should consider before buying a backpack to have a unique and memorable experience.
- Waterproofness: Every bag may vary in level of waterproofness. Some bags can withstand complete submersion on a kayaking or canoeing trip, and others are only water-resistant as regards the stuff that falls from the sky and in varying quantities at that. Suppose you already had the first-hand experience on the level of waterproofing. In that case, it will surely simplify the selection process. It will help you make sure you are not spending too much or otherwise getting something inappropriate for your outdoor adventures’ wetness levels. So, select the bag according to your requirement.
- Size and Weight: It is undeniable that the lighter your backpack will be, the more gear you can possibly carry or the more delicate the load on your back and this is indeed a bonus. You have to make sure that the bag that if you are planning to purchase a small size bag, keeping in mind the weight factor, should be significant incapacity to fulfil the purpose of the pure backpack. Simultaneously, just for the capacity, don’t go for a giant size bag as it will be challenging to manage things inside. Try to maintain a balance in your choice.
- Comfort: As with any pack, either waterproof or not, you would definitely want yours to be comfortable on your back while carrying along. Essential factors to your comfort are the comfortable and soft padding on the pack’s strap and back, the load dispersal which is how consistently the weight is communal across your shoulders back and even your waist, and other vital features such as ventilation panels and also a chest strap.
You can now find best backpacks of the unique features, shapes and designs that even comprised an anti-theft technology and fitting over 50 pounds of your belongings. Check out the models we selected out that live up to high business standards and choose the bag that will become your trusty on-the-road buddy.