Hiking backpacks are a necessity for hiking. They are more convenient to carry, and they allow you to pack up all the things you need for the trudge.
Nevertheless, we have different backpack needs, which is why we have different preferences. For example, some of us want hiking bags for just a few hours, others for a day, yet others will want a women travel bags worth several days up in the mountains.
Likewise, while some hikers’ water bottles are enough for hydration, some of us will not go for anything less than a hydration pack.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table – Best Hiking Backpack for Women
- Best Women’s Hiking Backpack – Detailed Review
- 1. Osprey Daylite Plus – Best Osprey Hiking Backpack for Women
- 2. ZOMAKE 25L Lightweight – Best Small Hiking Backpack for Women
- 3. TETON Sports Scout Frame – Best Women’s Daypack for Hiking
- 4. Loowoko Hiking Backpack – Best Day Hiking Backpack for Petite Female
- 5. Sunhiker M0714 (Black) – Best Women’s Hiking Backpack
- 6. Mubasel Gear Insulated Hydration Backpack
- 7. HIKPRO 20L – Best Waterproof Backpack for Women Hiking
- 8. Venture Pal Ultralight – Best Hiking and Travel Backpack for Women
- 9. FENGDONG 40L – Waterproof Lightweight Hiking Back Pack for Ladies
- 10. MOUNTAINTOP 40L – Best Hiking Packs for Women
- Buying Guide (Factors You Need to Consider)
- FAQs: 4 Questions & Answers
- Final Thoughts
Comparison Table – Best Hiking Backpack for Women
Best Women’s Hiking Backpack – Detailed Review
Hiking backpacks are bags that you carry on shoulder straps, where you pack your hiking gear and accessories. They are the most comfortable for carrying over long hiking sessions.
Here are the top rated women’s hiking backpack reviews in 2022!
1. Osprey Daylite Plus – Best Osprey Hiking Backpack for Women
- Large panel loading main compartment provides accessibility to inside...
- Dual stretch mesh side pockets provide additional storage options
- The multi-function interior sleeve can be used for either a hydration...
- Front panel shove-it pocket is great for stashing a light rain shell...
- Mesh-covered die-cut foam back panel provides both comfort and...
The editor’s choice, the Daylite Plus from Osprey, provides comfort for a whole day of hiking. The back panel, which comes into contact with your back, is foam, covered in mesh for comfort and ventilation.
Essentially, the backpack features a colossal main compartment, panel-loading for ease in packing your stuff. Better still, it is easy to access the contents inside when you need them without struggling.
With an interior multifunctioning sleeve, you have a secure place for either your tablet, small laptop, or even a hydration reservoir. There is also a shove-it pocket at the front panel, where you can stash a rain shell, keys, and other small things.
Then there are the stretchy side pockets suitable for storing the stuff you will need from time to time, such as water bottles. And you don’t have to worry about safety; the pockets have dual stretch mesh to ensure that the contents don’t fall off.
The material composite is continuous with the arms, which are wide enough for optimal carrying comfort. Its main material is Double Diamond Ripstop, which is 210D Nylon. At a volume of 20 liters, you can fit in most stuff on top of an Osprey hydration pack.
- Definite shape for a quality design
- Suitable for a whole day hike stuff
- Allows you to carry a laptop or large gadget
- Quality and long-lasting
- The waistband doesn’t detach, hence inconvenience
- Smaller for people with the larger shoulder area
2. ZOMAKE 25L Lightweight – Best Small Hiking Backpack for Women
- DURABLE - Made of High Quality tear and water resistant Nylon...
- COMPACT - Can be folded into an inner zipper pocket with Sandwich size...
- ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT & ROOMY - 25L capacity with only 0.6lb! Spacious...
- MULTIPURPOSE - Ultra-light. Ultra-durable. Ultra-awesome. The backpack...
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - Any problem with your backpack? Just contact us at...
Are you looking for a hiking backpack that will not disappoint you even in the rainy seasons? Zomake travel backpack is covered in water-resistant Nylon, which also couples as a tear-resistant piece for more convenient hiking sessions.
More amazingly, you can fold the backpack into a zipper pocket inside for a compact size that fits into another bag. After all, it is only 0.6lbs. Therefore, it will never be a bother for your traveling case or storage.
Despite this, the backpack is quite roomy, with a storage capacity of 25 liters. Hence, you can pack all your stuff for a day’s hike or tour. After all, the bag is highly versatile, and, other than using it for trips, it is suitable for other activities such as school, shopping, and camping.
Quality Nylon is an excellent choice for hiking backpacks. However, it is even better when combined with quality metal zippers such as SBS as in this backpack, which will not easily break under pressure.
Besides, the bag has a 90-day replacement guarantee in case it easily gets damaged. Therefore, you can utilize it optimally during this period for better satisfaction.
- Amazing tear and water-resistance
- Quite roomy for a small daypack
- Quality and long-lasting
- Foldable into a smaller pack for portability
- Lightweight yet sturdy
- Too small for larger shoulders
- Creasy after unfolding
3. TETON Sports Scout Frame – Best Women’s Daypack for Hiking
- NOT YOUR BASIC BACKPACK: Continues to be the top selling internal...
- VERSATILE QUICK TRIP PACK: Just right for youth and adults for light...
- COMFORT YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE: Multi-position torso adjustment fits wide...
- TRUSTED QUALITY: Hiking backpack with hundreds of verified 5-star...
- TETON SPORTS PROMISE: Reach out to our AMAZING product support team if...
Our largest top-rating pick, TETON Sports, allows you to pack for multiple-day hikes. It has a capacity of 55 liters, which is surprising for its only 2kg weight. In addition, you can pack changing clothes, a laptop, a hydration pack, a camera, and food to last you at least two days.
Given the large capacity, the backpack’s design capitalizes on carrying comfort. It features adjustments that allow for different torso and body sizes. It is adjustable at the torso, shoulders, and waist.
There is also a lumbar pad, which is open-cell foam for sufficient comfort. Finally, the backpack features molded channels, which facilitate optimal airflow.
On top of that, the backpack has multiple compartments for specific stuff storage. For example, there is a sleeping bag compartment and compression straps for jackets and shawls, and exterior pockets for easy access to strategic components. Then there are a few more main compartments, where you put all your other hiking stuff.
If you are in love with the cool hikes in the rainy seasons, this backpack has a rainfly feature. Usually, it is tucked away in the bag, but you can always bring it out to keep your stuff safe from rain showers.
- Very comfortable for carrying
- Sufficient compartments and pockets for storage
- Comes with a rainfly for rain protection
- Adjustable straps for different body sizes
- The hoop and loop fastener for the rainfly is not as durable as a zipper
- The nylon strap for the bladder doesn’t have a quality outlook
4. Loowoko Hiking Backpack – Best Day Hiking Backpack for Petite Female
- COST EFFECTIVE HIKING BACKPACK - Loowoko hiking pack has obvious...
- COMPREHENSIVE UPGRADED VERSION - Compared with the same style backpack...
- NO INTERNAL FRAME - This lightweight & comfortable hiker backpack is...
- RAIN COVER INCLUDED - Made with high quality tear Polyester and nylon...
- CAMPING ESSENTIAL GEAR - With 50 liter large capacity but only 2.1...
Are you looking for a large bag that accommodates more than its capacity? This option from Loowoko not only features a large capacity of 50 liters, but it also has external straps where you can hang amorphous stuff. So your sleeping bag, hammock, or tripod doesn’t have to bother you anymore with this feature.
Further, the backpack is suitable for women between 5 feet and 6’5 inches, within the 90 and 250 pounds range. Given the wide range, it has adjustable straps for a perfect fit.
The backpack is comfortable for a whole day’s hike with a plentiful sponge that pads the shoulder straps. They are wide and thick in the S-design, which eases the load. Besides, the straps also feature breathable mesh, which prevents excessive sweating and discomfort during the hike.
The bag features multiple pockets to complement the main compartment, which is suitable for its versatile use.
More interestingly, the backpack includes a rain cover that is ripstop polyester. When you cover the backpack in the rain cover, you can walk in the rain for as long as you wish.
- Inexpensive for its size and features
- Adjustable to suit a wide range of torso and body sizes
- Large enough for more than a day’s hike
- Comes with a rain cover
- Comfortable straps and back area
- Few color options
- No specific compartment for hydration bladder
5. Sunhiker M0714 (Black) – Best Women’s Hiking Backpack
- Dimensions:15.8H x 9.4L x 5.9W inches/ 40 x 24 x 15 cm. Weight:12.3oz....
- It is a small backpack, suitable for those people who do not want a...
- Material: Highly tear resistant Nylon, Water-resistant, Lightweight,...
- Breathable mesh shoulder straps which helps relieve the stress of...
- Perfect for activities like hiking, camping, climbing, traveling,...
Sometimes you just want a small hiking backpack for a minimalist style. In this case, the Sunhiker Daypack is an excellent choice. Its capacity lies between 20 and 25 liters, while it is amazingly lightweight is about 12oz. Generally, it is a grab pack for only the necessities you need for a hike.
The compact size aside, the backpack is designed from a quality and durable material. It is both tear and water-resistant, allowing the backpack to serve you longer regardless of the rough patches on your paths. In addition, the high-quality zipper and long-lasting whistle buckle add to the backpack quality.
Moreover, the backpack facilitates maximum carrying comfort. The shoulder straps are wide to relieve stress, while the breathable mesh lining them enhances airflow.
With multiple compartments, arranging the backpack is quite easy. There are also bottle holders on either side of the backpack.
Other than hiking, the bag’s small size allows for diversity in usage, so you can also use it for school, cycling, and other activities.
- Comfortable carrying area and Water-resistant
- Quality and long-lasting with Minimalist design
- Lightweight and portable
- The front pouch is too small for a larger phone
- The waist belt is smaller for people with larger waistlines
6. Mubasel Gear Insulated Hydration Backpack
- 1.PERFECT SET - Included 70-Ounce (2 Liter) BPA FREE food grade...
- 2.THERMAL INSULATION - With the insulated bladder compartment, your...
- 3.GOOD VOLUME - Includes 3 storage compartments that will fit your...
- 4.100% LEAKAGE PROOF DESIGN -The opening is large design, you will...
- PERFECT OUTDOOR GEAR: Padded shoulder straps, breathable system and...
Hydration is among the most important features of a successful hiking interlude. Actually, it could be the only important necessity for some of us. For this reason, we have a Hydration backpack from Mubasel that will draw your interest.
It comes with a 2-liter hydration bladder, which is BPA-free and food grade. More amazingly, the bladder compartment is insulated, and it can keep the water at the actual temperature for up to four hours. Besides, you have the option to add ice for a whole day of cool water.
Other than that, the hydration bladder is easy to clean and keep hygienic. Then there is my personal favorite; you don’t need to get your backpack off to drink water. Instead, the bladder has a pull-up mouthpiece that you drink from at your convenience as the hike continues.
Nevertheless, the backpack is not all about the hydration bladder. It has three more storage compartments, where you put your phone, keys, and even clothes. At the front are additional stretchy mesh pockets, where you can add more components for the hike.
The backpack design is also mindful of your comfort. Therefore, the shoulder straps are padded, while breathable designs ensure airflow. Since the bladder and pipes are leak-proof, you will not compromise a dry, comfortable hike.
- Comes with a hydration bladder
- The insulation bladder keeps the water cold for hours while allowing the inclusion of ice for longer periods
- Comfortable back area and shoulder straps
- Several compartments for other essentials
- Too small for enough hiking essentials
- A little difficulty refilling the bladder
7. HIKPRO 20L – Best Waterproof Backpack for Women Hiking
- LIGHTWEIGHT & FOLDABLE - Minimalist Designed, Ultra-lightweight,...
- ROOMY - 20L Internal Space, Three Zippered Compartments，Keep Things...
- WATER RESISTANT - Made with High-Quality Water Resistant Nylon...
- COMFORTABLE - 20+ Years Experience makes the Most Comfortable Wide...
- TEAR RESISTANT & MUCH MORE DURABLE - The High-Quality Nylon material...
Who doesn’t want a backpack that comes with long-term assurance? Hikpro Backpack comes with a whopping 5-year warranty, guaranteeing you assured quality and durability.
Primarily, the backpack is quality nylon, which is water-resistant and also tear-resistant. So you can actually keep the backpack contents dry on a rainy episode for up to an hour.
Moreover, the backpack is lightweight, weighing only 7.5 ounces. The minimal weight helps reduce the shoulder load for better comfort. Better still, it is foldable into a sandwich bag that you can pack into another bag for traveling convenience.
At 20 liters, the backpack is quite compact. However, it maximizes the available space with sufficient compartments and pockets for all you need on a day’s hike.
It has three internal compartments with an extra inner pocket for the phone and other small stuff. On top of that, it has an outer pocket for quick-grab stuff and two sizeable pockets at the sides for your umbrella and water bottle.
The shoulder straps are wide and adjustable for amazing carrying comfort. To top that up, they are covered in a mesh that enhances breathability. Also, an S-type strap meets the ergonomics, coupled with a lock that settles the backpack firmly and comfortably on your back.
- Lifetime warranty, hence durable
- Lightweight and portable
- Comfortable to carry around
- Several compartments and pockets for a better arrangement
- Too small for more than a day’s hike
- It has no definite shape, and the stuff you put in determines its shape
8. Venture Pal Ultralight – Best Hiking and Travel Backpack for Women
- DURABLE. This Venture Pal Backpack is made with high quality tear and...
- COMFORTABLE. Breathable mesh shoulder straps with plentiful sponge...
- MULTI COMPARTMENTS and KEEP THINGS ORGANIZED. This backpack features...
- LIGHTWEIGHT(0.7LB) and ROOMY(35Liters).A true space saver. Fold the...
- COMPACT. Folds into zipped inner pocket to fit anywhere, and unfolds...
For a daypack with more than enough compartments for the different stuff you want to carry, Venture Pal Ultralight backpack is a top choice. It helps you arrange your things in order, with the main compartment for general components is zippered.
Inside the main compartment are two separators, which help you separate your stuff. More than that, the backpack has two front zippered pockets and two side pockets. The front pockets keep more sensitive stuff such as the phone safe, while things such as an umbrella can take the side pockets.
Most importantly, this backpack is a durable material, resisting scratches and tears in thickets and bushes. It is also water-resistant, so you don’t have to worry about your stuff when rained on or crossing rivers and streams.
Moreover, the backpack is built in a double-layer at the bottom, then a two-way zipper from SBS metal. There are also bar tacks at strategic stress points. All these features ensure that the bag does not break under pressure.
For your carrying comfort, the shoulder straps have plenty of sponge padding. They also feature breathable mesh for excellent airflow. Even better, the straps are adjustable for different body sizes.
Lightweight at only 0.7lbs, the backpack still boasts a good 35-liter capacity to hold more of your hiking stuff. Better still, you can fold the bag into a compact pocket within itself and carry it small when it is empty.
Lastly, the whistle buckle at the chest strap keeps the bag secure around you while preventing it from hanging and causing fatigue.
- Multiple compartments for tidy arrangement
- Quality material and zipper
- Comfortable carrying area and Water-resistant
- Foldable and portable
- The material is quite thin for some users’ liking
- The zipper in a front pocket extends outwards
9. FENGDONG 40L – Waterproof Lightweight Hiking Back Pack for Ladies
- WATERPROOF & DURABLE: A waterproof rain cover included. FENGDONG...
- Breathable Mesh Padding: Stylish backpacks with the ventilated mesh...
- Large Capacity & Multi Compartment: With 40L storage space, this...
- Compact & Comfortable: It weighs only 0.7 pounds, can easily fold into...
- 100% RISK-FREE PURCHASE: If you are not satisfied with our Rucksack,...
Large and compact are two words that are rarely in the same sentence. However, Fengdong backpack features a capacity of 40L, while the outlook and shape are quite compact. More than that, the bag is foldable into a smaller package that you can pack into another bag.
Fundamentally, the bag is designed in a quality and durable polyester fiber, which is tear and water-resistant. It is also non-abrasion, which means it is safe even when you have to crawl through thickets. Besides, the stress points have a bar tacking reinforcement that adds to their durability.
Then there is the breathable mesh and padding composite on the shoulder straps, which facilitates a comfortable carrying position. So when you hike at noontime during the summer season, the bag will still not add to your strain.
At 40 liters capacity, the backpack provides multiple large compartments in a single main compartment. Also, there are pockets at the side and front to add to the storage space. With all this in place, you can pack all the stuff you need for a day or two of hiking.
- Large capacity in a compact design
- Comfortable back and straps for summer hiking
- Quality and durable
- Foldable for portability
- Several pockets and compartments for ease in the arrangement
- Small zippers
- The hip clamp is not adjustable
10. MOUNTAINTOP 40L – Best Hiking Packs for Women
- 🌵【Durable Backpack】:This 40L hiking bag is suitable for weekend...
- 🌵【Storage Space】: With multiple pockets and storage...
- 🌵【Comfortable and Breathable】:With breathable mesh padding and...
- 🌵【Well thought-out details】:There is a compartment in the main...
- 🌵【Ideal & Outdoor Companion】:The women men backpack is perfect...
Most large hiking bags don’t have a definite shape, making them unsuitable for laptops and tablets. For this reason, we are introducing the MOUNTAINTOP Hiking Backpack, whose main compartment is actually designed for the gadgets.
Over and above that, the backpack has a bottom compartment, three front pockets, and two side pockets for all your essentials. With a capacity of 40 liters, the backpack fits almost everything you would want for a three-day hike. And then there are the compression belts, which won’t allow you to leave your jacket, sleeping bag, or tent.
While the backpack is not completely waterproof, it comes with a rain cover, fitted at the bottom, that keeps all the stuff in the bag safe from the rain.
Bringing comfort on board, the backpack shoulder straps are a blend of mesh and thick sponge padding, relieving stress off your shoulders. A chest strap helps distribute the weight on your back, which further keeps your shoulders less fatigued. It is reinforced by a waist belt, allowing you a long stress-free hike.
Durable, the backpack’s zipper is quality YKK, which slides smoothly when zipping and unzipping. The stress points have bar tacking for reinforcements and increased durability.
- Suitable for laptop or tablet inclusion
- Large capacity for multiple-day hikes
- Includes a rain cover
- Quality and highly durable
- Handles large weights of hiking stuff
- The straps may be too close for wide-shouldered individuals
- There are no inside pockets
Buying Guide (Factors You Need to Consider)
No one wants a hiking bag for just a single season. For this reason, you must look for a durable quality backpack. After all, the better the backpack quality, the more assurance you get that it will not tear or scratch and disappoint you.
Versatility and Portability
If you are considering traveling to hike in other places, get a versatile backpack. One that you can fold and pack into a suitcase easily.
The interesting bit about hiking is that you can never be sure of the weather. You may get out on a sunny morning, only to get a storm along the way. Therefore, consider a waterproof backpack, keeping your items safe from downfall. If a backpack is not waterproof, you can consider the availability of a rain cover.
If you are hiking for less than six hours, a small compact backpack is comfortable for just water and essentials. You can even consider a hydration pack without feeling that you will leave out any necessities.
On the other hand, if you are hiking for several days, you will need a larger bag. You may even consider one with straps or belts that will help you strap a tent, jacket, or sleeping bag.
Ensure that the backpack has a comfortable carrying feature. For example, the shoulder straps and back area should be padded for a soft feel, while mesh should be included to enhance breathability.
Added chest and waist straps distribute the weight on your torso, preventing hot spots. Then there are adjustable straps, which allow you to customize the backpack to your fit.
Pockets and Compartments
Truth be told, no hiker wants all their stuff in one compartment. Actually, most of us want as many compartment options as possible to arrange the components. The outer pockets facilitate ease in accessibility for essential stuff such as water and a camera.
If you are taking along a laptop or a tablet, you also need a backpack with a specially designed pocket or compartment for larger gadgets. Therefore, you need to consider the pockets and compartments depending on your hiking needs.
FAQs: 4 Questions & Answers
Which backpack is best for hiking?
The best backpack for hiking is Osprey Daylite Plus Daypack when you are hiking for just a day. However, Gregory Mountain Women’s Deva is a top choice for heavy hiking gear over several days.
What do you call big hiking bags?
Big hiking bags, which range between 40 liters and 100 liters in capacity, are called duffel bags. They are suitable for hikes that last for more than a day.
What much do large hiking backpacks cost?
Large hiking backpacks are more expensive than smaller hiking backpacks. However, you can get a value large hiking bag at around $50, while more expensive ones could cost as much as $300.
What should I look for in a backpack?
You should look for quality, capacity, and comfort in a backpack. These are the main features that will make your hiking session more fruitful.
The best hiking backpack for women give women the convenience that they need during hiking sessions. However, women are quite picky (I am guilty of the crime), which is why the backpack should consider several features to be a suitable option.
Nevertheless, all the bags fulfill the necessities, including comfort, quality, durability, versatility, multiple compartments, or pocket inclusion. And all this is in addition to the outstanding characteristic that each displays.